Men's Basketball Player of the WeekDeonte Burton, Nevada
Senior, Guard, Los Angeles, Calif./Compton Centennial HS
- Averaged 26.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 2.5 steals as Nevada won a pair of road games last week, defeating Cal Poly (60-58) on Tuesday and San Francisco (92-90) on Friday.
- Shot a collective 51.3 percent (20-of-39) from the field, including 41.7 percent (5-for-12) from behind the arc.
- Against Cal Poly, he scored a game-high 22 points with five rebounds, one blocked shot and four steals in 39 minutes of action.
- With the Wolf Pack down 58-57, Burton drove the lane, and was fouled while scoring the basket with 6.6 seconds left to play. He converted the free throw, putting Nevada up 60-58. As the Mustangs brought the ball up the court to attempt one final shot, Burton stole the ball to preserve the Wolf Pack's victory.
- At San Francisco, he led the team with a career-tying 31 points, adding six rebounds, one blocked shot, two assists and a steal in 37 minutes of play. He converted 11-of-20 shots from the field, including 4-of-8 from 3-point range. Of his 31 points, 23 came in the second half.
- Twice he led Nevada back from double-digit deficits against the Dons, once in each half. Burton's 11 made field goals and four made 3-pointers tied career-highs, while his 20 field goal attempts established a new career-best.
2013-14 MW Men's Basketball Players of the Week
Nov. 11 Marvelle Harris, So., G, Fresno State
Nov. 18 Deonte Burton, Sr., G, Nevada