THE VANDAL FRONT COURT OF STEPHEN MADISON AND KYLE BARONE, COUPLED WITH WING MIKE MCCHRISTIAN,…
Vandals beat Seattle U in WAC opener
- Senior center Kyle Barone was exceptional Saturday, leading the Vandals (5-6, 1-0 WAC) with 25-points and 11 rebounds despite facing double- and triple-teams all night. A pre-season First-Team All-WAC selection, this was his second consecutive 20-10 game and third of the year.
- Newcomer Robert Harris, a junior guard, ignited Idaho's late-game surge, hitting three consecutive 3-pointers in the final three minutes enroute to setting a new career mark for himself at 16-points in the game.
- Sophomore guard Connor Hill scored 12-points Saturday, including going 2-of-4 from behind the 3-point arc.
- The Vandals overcame the loss of Mansa Habeeb who missed the game with the flu, while leading scorer junior forward Stephen Madison got into foul trouble early and was limited, particularly in the second half.
- Next up for the Vandals are two more WAC road contests against teams that also earned victories on the opening weekend of conference play. Idaho will play at San Jose State on Thursday, Jan. 3, at 7 p.m. (PT), and then follow up at Utah State on Saturday, Jan. 5, at 6 p.m. (PT).
LINK: OFFICIAL IDAHO SITE: Vandals rally at Seattle (Story & Stats)
LINK: Idaho sinks Seattle University in WAC debut (Seattle Times)
SilverAndBlueSports.com Recommended Stories
College Week 13: 10 Saturday Takeaways
Breaking down all the battles that mattered this weekend.Read More
NFL Week 12: Previews, Scores, and Recaps
It's a wild slate of games this Sunday with several matchups that involve playoff seeding implications and a few divisional showdowns.Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More
5 NHL Teams with Tailgating Crazy Fans
When it comes to tailgating, football might be the first sport that comes to mind, but don’t underestimate hockey. The NHL has some of the most passionate fans in all of sports, and they don’t let up…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More
- The article explaining how NV could miss a bowl, continued...
- Nevada-Fresno Game Thread. The Chrome is coming out...
- Has anyone besides me grown tired of the late season night games
- Does the Fresno St. Game deserve a trophy?